Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 15, 2010

YOU



















When life has made me nothing but a shattered heart, a weary soul,
When my whole being was engulfed by the grayness of confusion, depression,
When a flicker of hope was almost gone, the end was already anticipated,
It was unexpected, it was unplanned, change came so swiftly into this life of mine,
When you came, you showed me the way to light, just right on time,
You, whom I call my deliverer.

Out of nowhere you called me, among the strangers, you’ve chosen me,
You took me out of my misery, comforted me with your presence,
As broken as I am, you embraced me, gave a clean robe for my nakedness,
Put a shelter on my head, fed my weary, hungry soul,
You gave me all I needed, to start all over again,
You, whom I call my provider.

I was nothing but an outcast, a mere shadow in the place I grew up, I called home,
All alone in the midst of chaos, I was just surviving this cruel world,
Until you came, then, gave me your gentle undivided attention,
Made me feel that I belong to someone as great as you,
Gave me so much of your love, I never knew, exists in this world,
You, whom I call my true love.

I will not go unheard, I will not go unnoticed,
For, you have given me this voice, you have given me this chance,
This desire to shout, to make your goodness known to all who seek the truth,
You came to make a change, for all who are weary and who are hurt,
To give hope, salvation, peace, love, new life,
You, whom I call  my Lord Jesus.

©Jocelyn del Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment