Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 3, 2014

BALI RAIN




The rain came down hammering from above
Like arrows from the sky, it striked in full force
The beating drums began as it hit the ground
The sound of Bali rain was music to my ears

The wind on my face felt like a thousand pricks
My cold, shivering body pressed tightly against yours,
Soaking wet in the wee hours of the morning
We welcomed Bali rain together with a song

Your gentle voice still echoes in my mind
Like a savior asking me to hold on tight
While you sang to me gladly, an old familiar song
I felt your warmth in the cold rainy night of Bali

Two strangers in Bali, seeking for some relief
From life's hard beatings and rest for our weary hearts
The ride home with you in the midst of the cold rainy night
A beautiful memory of Bali I will cherish in my heart.

©Jocelyn del Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment