Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 2, 2014

THE FLOWERS YOU SENT



The scent of lilies and roses lingers in the air,
In this room where memories of love have faded away
If only a box of flowers could bring back the love I once felt
Perhaps, I wouldn't need to say anything anymore
And my arms would just open wide to welcome you back
But, I have questioned my heart a thousand times
In the arms of another man I sought the answers
As I sabotage my emotions to get by
My heart has fallen for another man

Time heals all wounds they say
But time is not enough to forget all the pain
Wounds may heal, but painful memories stay
Even the flowers need tending to blossom beautifully
And love withers away when poisoned with heartaches
Your lies and betrayals were the culprits for my broken heart
The beautiful lilies and roses were a treat for my eyes
Their sweet scent is always welcome to linger in my nostrils
But, forgive me if the flowers you sent did not touch my heart
And the love you seek is long gone and forgotten.

©Jocelyn del Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment