Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 10, 2014

MEMORIES OF A DISTANT LIGHTNING




A heart that's longing to be free,
From a bond that no longer serves its purpose,
Discarded love and friendship,
As obsolete as the days of old,
Wondering why still my heart beats fast
As I remember the time we sealed a kiss
Under the full moon and a shooting star
In an island where lovers often go
A distant lightning crawls back from memories
A glorious show we enjoyed, made from heaven
While our arms were wrapped around each other 
And an old familiar love song played on the radio
And tears of joy overflowed from our eyes
Grateful for the day our hearts were blessed with love

Immersed in my emotions,
Letting all my sorrows flow
Along with bittersweet memories,
Drowning in my thoughts, drowning in my tears,
As I remember your face, wishing you were here...
If only, memories could heal my pain
And I could just pretend as if this heartache does not exist
Along with all the beautiful memories we made
Perhaps, tears would stop crawling down my cheeks
And my heart would finally be free to love again
Tell me, is there another way to turn off this light,
Without stumbling through the dark?
Is there another way to stop remembering,
Without having to deal with this heartache?

©Jocelyn del Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment