Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 14, 2011

BELOVED ~Japan~






Beloved, my beloved, my broken heart is weeping for you,
Your aristocracy has been your pride, your hypocrisy has brought you wealth,
You feast and glut with anything that crawls and moves under the sea,
But the very ocean that feeds you, has now turned its back on you.
You bow down to anyone you face, but trample anyone who walks behind you,
The stubbornness that has kept you alive, has now become your downfall,
You put your faith in death, you say, only death could glorify you,
Now, on your bended knees, you pray and ask the dead to spare you,
In the belief that the Spirit of death that buried your people alive would hear you,
Beloved, how my heart is aching to see you in such turmoil and despair,
Not long ago, you have stolen my innocence and took advantage of my youth,
Your words have poisoned my heart, but gave me so much wisdom, in return,
Your coldness has strengthened me, your ways have taught me to survive,
Though, I have suffered under your wings, my heart is still yearning for you,
You have become a part of me, in such a way that, my grave shall bear your name,
In tears, I will remember you, and the dark memories of you will never be erased,
So, let my prayers cradle your dead, and let my battered soul, share in your agony,
For, I will always be haunted by my past and the scars you have etched in my heart,
And, this pain I feel in your memories shall remain, as a symbol of my undying love for you.


©Jocelyn del Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment