Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 3, 2011

TWILIGHT





Under the setting sun, I'm waiting for the dark to set in,
Come now, show me the full wonder of the universe,
I've been longing for the sound of silence and peace,
Let the birds stop chirping, and let the wind blow and hum,
Let me enjoy this moment until loneliness take its place...

In the moonlight, I'm alone and letting all my emotions go,
Let my heart stop wanting for the dead and undeserving,
Sure, all those sweet talks and warm kisses were intoxicating,
But, the pain from a deceitful heart is so much harder to bear,
Than the life of solitude, I have been living every day...

Finally, rest is here, I'm living in my own space and time again,
In a world where I can be anything and do anything I want,
Where I'm fully in control of all my emotions and all my fears,
Life is so sweet, and it feels wonderful to be free of all my pain,
So, let me fly and run and dance and love until this dreaming ends...

Sunrise, another day is here, and the world stops spinning again,
Let me put my mask and smile, as the day of chaos and fear begins,
I can’t help but notice how time flies, while the day goes by too slow,
And again, I find myself caught in between wondering and wandering,
Living like the dead while slowly dying, as I dwell in the agony of my past...

I can’t wait until the evening comes again and all my misery ends,
But for now, let me show the world that I’m perfectly alright and happy,
This is just a temporary state of mind, tomorrow is a new beginning,
For now, let all the pain sink in, and let time take its course of healing,
After this, everything will be just a memory, and life goes on.

©Jocelyn del Rosario

1 comment:

  1. starry night...a painting by Vincent Van Gogh. Nice pick for a poem. Keep it up... writing heals. love and miss you friend. jeck

    ReplyDelete