Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

SHADOW OF LOVE


A shadow, a distant silhouette
Now, you're nothing but a shadow playing my mind
Someone who no longer exist in my reality
Someone that I used to love
Disillusioned by time and the distance between us
Corrupted by the differences that have risen on that shore
Where has our love disappeared?
Has it disappeared behind the hills we climbed?
Or just around the harbour where you live?
Has it gone hiding on that mountain we loved?
Or perhaps, love was left behind that night in Anaura.
A distant silhouette of the past
I remember you as my equal
I remember you as the one
All those loving memories we've shared
Are now getting dimmer as time passes by
Obscured with sorrow and fear
A gloomy cloud keep swirling in my mind
Am I about to be consumed by this void within me?
Every morning I dread not finding you beside me
Every morning I mourne for the love I have lost
The pain tastes like the tears I shed each passing day
My heart breaks every minute you're in my mind
Each day I regret all the hurting words I said
Each day I love all the loving memories we've shared
Each day I hate you for abandoning what we had so easily
Each day I seek a finality to it all
A shadow, a distant silhouette
That's all you are now
In this sad corner of my mind.

© Jocelyn del Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment