Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 20, 2010

MY HEART'S JOURNEY






Life is a long journey, I've traveled so far,
Searching for a destiny that's engraved in my heart,
Longing for that missing link, to fill this void in me,
A wicked curse that I need to overcome.
How far must I go to reach the place where I belong?
How long does it take to be in the arms of my hero?
A vivid vision comes through the distant stream of lights,
The wind carries a dream of love as it embraces me,
Hope and anticipation fill my whole being.
If love is a dream, then, let me stay asleep for eternity,
Let me be with my hero while my eyes are closed,
Let the world of dreams gives rest to my heart, at last.
If love is a lie, then, let not the truth be known,
For, I'd rather live in lies than live in truth without love,
Let my heart be filled with sweet lies and be happy,
For, truth has no meaning to an empty heart,
And, only love can mend my broken heart,
Let this fool's journey ends in the dream of love,
Let this weary heart be blinded with lies,
Let those deceitful words bring the happiness I never had,
Love, dream and lies--what difference does it make,
To a heart that has accepted her defeat?
It takes a defeated heart to make everything worthwhile,
To accept all things that come and go in great courage,
To endure all the pain that this journey brings,
After all, we're all just passing through this space and time,
Trying to find meaning in between time and spaces as we travel along,
Driven by this burning desire, to love and be loved,
Holding on to faith and hope, to find each heart's desire,
To find the love we're missing, no matter what the cost,
Whether we live in a dream or in a lie, it doesn't matter at all,
As long as we find love, it's all worth living for.

©Jocelyn del Rosario


"If I speak in the tongue of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have a gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to  the flames but not have love, I gain nothing. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me, Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remains:Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love.

~~1Corinthians 13:1-3, 8-13~~



1 comment: